Bounce Into Spring Family Fun Festival
Charles D. Owen Park
875 Warren Wilson Road, Swannanoa, NC
Celebrate spring's arrival at this family festival (liability waiver is required) with FREE all-ages adventure play stations in the center of all the action. There's nothing quite like shaking off winter's cabin fever -- especially around the ponds at Charles D Owen Park.
Our popular Kids Fishing Tournament is also scheduled for the same day, open to all youth 15 and under. Fishing will begin at 8:30 a.m. and end promptly at 11:30 a.m. Registration is $10 per angler with more info below.
In the past, Bounce Into Spring Play Stations have included:
- Soccer Shot
- Bow & Arrow (Nerf-style)
- Fishing Pole Casting Target Course
- Basketball Shot
- Disc Golf
- Agility Course
- Arts + Crafts with the LEAF Community Arts Teaching Artists
- Imagination adventures with the Swannanoa Library Branch
- The semi-annual event is open to all children ages 15 and under and is sponsored by Buncombe County Recreation Services.
- Fishing begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends promptly at 11:30 a.m.
- Register online now through April 16 at midnight. On-site registration will also be available at 8:00 a.m. the day of the tournament. Your registration fee covers fishing bait, snacks, and a hot dog lunch at the conclusion of the tournament.
- No fishing license is required for children under 16 years of age.
- This is a catch and release event. Charles D. Owen Park will supply a bucket for each competitor’s catch. After the fish has been weighed and measured, it will be released back into the lake. Participants bring their own poles.
- Fishing is allowed in the Charles D. Owen Park ponds only; any competitor caught fishing in Beetree Creek or the Swannanoa River will be disqualified. No boat fishing is allowed. All children must be accompanied by at least one adult.
- Children will be grouped into one of five age categories and prizes awarded in each category. Prizes will be given for the biggest fish, the smallest fish, and the most fish caught. - In addition, all competitors in every age group will have an opportunity to show off their casting skills. Casting poles and targets are provided and children can demonstrate their ability anytime during the tournament. There are prizes for the winners of the casting competition, too!